Here are some helpful buying tips:
1. When buying, inspect carefully the product you want before paying.
2. In case you discover that the product you bought has a defect, return it to the store immediately by presenting the official receipt or any evidence of the purchase.
REMEMBER! Only defective goods can be returned and a buyer may find relief thru:
- Paying the item at a lower price
3. When the content in weight and/or quantity is less than that indicated on the container, packaging, labeling or advertisement, you may ask for any of the following remedies:
- Fair reduction in price
- Addition or correction of the weight or measure differential
- Replacement of the product by another of the same kind, mark or model, without said deficiency
- Immediate return of the amount paid, with monetary updating without prejudice to losses and damages if any
Violators are punishable under Republic Act 7394, otherwise known as the Consumer Act of the Philippines.
Bureau of Trade Regulation and Consumer Protection
361 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Makati City, Metro Manila